I am currently a Lecturer in Computer Vision and Graphics in the Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing at the University of Surrey. I am interested in using computer vision and graphics techniques to facilitate volumetric video capture, reconstruction, editing and rendering from multiple camera systems for applications in film, broadcast and gaming. I also have a keen interest in Photography.
In 2016, I received a PhD from the University of Surrey supervised by Prof. Adrian Hilton and Prof. Graham Thomas (BBC R&D). My PhD introduced novel techniques to compactly represent multiple view video to allow efficient free-viewpoint rendering. During this time, I undertook an internship at the University of Southern California, Institute for Creative Technologies where I designed and built a photogrammetry scanning cage for rapid avatar creation, and a three month internship at BBC R&D integrating my PhD research into a WebGL-based renderer.
In 2011, I obtained an MEng in Electronic Engineering (Distinction) at the University of Surrey during which I spent a professional training year at Sony Broadcast and Professional Research Labs and a three month summer internship at the Intelligent Systems Research Laboratory University of Reading.
- 2023/01 - Dynavis workshop has been accepted at CVPR 2023
- 2022/12 - I will be co-chair of the European Conference on Visual Media Production (CVMP) 2023.
- 2022/09 - Super-resolution 3D Human Shape from a Single Low-Resolution Image accepted to ECCV 2022
- 2022/05 - I will be serving as an Area Chair for BMVC 2022
- 2021/12 - Awarded an Epic Megagrant to develop tools for volumetric video in Unreal Engine
- 2021/12 - I will be co-chair of the European Conference on Visual Media Production (CVMP) 2022.
- 2021/09 - Paper accepted to Frontiers in Virtual Reality Creating Lifelike Digital Humans
- 2021/08 - We have a number of PhD opportunities on our new project AI4ME
- 2021/07 - Appointed as a Lecturer in Computer Vision and Graphics @ CVSSP
- 2021/05 - I will be serving as an Area Chair for BMVC 2021
- 2020/12 - Dynavis workshop has been accepted at CVPR 2021